• Designed for users completely new to CATIA
• Presents the workbenches, toolbars and tools using real life design problems
• Uses organized, graphically rich, step-by-step instructions
• This edition has been expanded to cover several additional workbenches
This workbook is an introduction to the main Workbench functions CATIA V5 has to offer. The book's objective is to instruct anyone who wants to learn CATIA V5 through organized, graphically rich, step-by-step instructions on the software's basic processes and tools. This book is not intended to be a reference guide.
The lessons in this workbook present basic real life design problems along with the workbenches, toolbars, and tools required to solve these problems. Each lesson is presented with step-by-step instructions. Although most of the steps are detailed for the beginner, the steps and processes are numbered and bolded so the more experienced user can go directly to the subject area of interest.
Each lesson consists of an introduction, objectives, an introduction to the workbench and toolbars used in the lesson, step-by-step instructions, and concludes with a summary. Review questions and additional practice exercises are at the end of each lesson.
The workbenches covered in this workbook are Sketcher, Part Design, Drafting, Assembly Design, Generative Shape Design, DMU Navigator and Rendering/Real Time Rendering, Knowledgeware, Kinematics, and Generative Structural Analysis.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to CATIA V5
2. Navigating the CATIA V5 Environment
3. Sketcher Workbench
4. Part Design Workbench
5. Drafting Workbench
6. Drafting Workbench
7. Complex Parts & Multiple Sketch Parts
8. Assembly Design Workbench
9. Generative Shape Design Workbench
10. Generative Shape Design Workbench
11. DMU Navigator
12. Rendering Workbench
13. Parametric Design
15. Generative Structural Analysis
16. DMU Kinematics